Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Choice

I have been reflecting lately on something that someone preached about a long time ago-the difference between "having to" and "getting to."  I have come to realize that there are so many things in my life that are simply out of my control.  The one element that I do control is my ability to choose.  The outflow of my choice is evident in my attitude.  When I have a get to mentality the outflow is evident in what I do.  I get to be a youth pastor, or I have to be?  I consider is the greatest privilege of my life to invest in students lives.  I have a choice each day and how I respond to that choice will impact my day.  The declaration of Joshua to Israel was something like-choose this day whom you will serve.  Jesus followed up that thought with the words-daily take up your cross and follow me.  Today, and each day I pray, my choice will be to live in grace.  

No comments: